DEALER-LEVEL CAR SERVICE STANDARDS GUARANTEED
Being independent means that we have the flexibility to provide a car service that suits your needs. We offer dealer-level standards and facilities but at more competitive rates. Our car servicing quote is fully inclusive of labour, parts and VAT. We’ll even collect your vehicle and deliver it back to you at no extra cost!
We offer full and interim servicing for all types of vehicles, whatever their age. This includes luxury cars such as Mercedes, BMW and Porsche, as well as motorbikes and commercial vehicles.
ONLY THE BEST
To aim to provide the best care for your vehicle, no matter the brand or model, we only use premium products to clean, lubricate and protect your engine, gearbox and air conditioning system.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A FULL CAR SERVICE?
There are essentially two types of service:
Interim Service – recommended every six months or 6,000 miles (whichever comes first). This usually covers the essentials, but isn’t exhaustive.
Full service – every 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first). A full car service includes all the checks carried out during an interim. It also includes more rigorous checks such as air con/climate control system, engine diagnostics, full brake inspection as well as replacing the air filter and other parts not included in an interim service.
At W.Carey, we provide the same level of rigorous checks in an interim service as we do on a full service and at no extra cost to the customer. This helps to minimise the risk of a breakdown and ensures that your car runs more efficiently.
PRE ENGINE CHECKS
1. Check vehicle history.
2. Check timing belt replacement interval*…………………..miles. yrs
3. Check for damage to bodywork, lamps, trims and oil level.
4. Fit protective covers.
5. Check condition and operation of all seat belts.
6. Check operation of interior and exterior lights.
7. Check operation of ABS and airbag warning lights.*
8. Check air conditioning operation including bad odour.*
9. Check windscreen washers and wipers.
10. Check horn.
11. Check operation of suspension dampers.
12. Lubricate all door hinges, locks, and bonnet catches.
13. Apply Forté treatments to remove internal contamination.
14. Check fuel cap.
UNDER THE BONNET
15. Check cooling system including fan operation.
16. Check and record Anti-Freeze protection. ºC
17. Check and record brake fluid condition.
18. Check all auxiliary drive belts (not timing belt).
19. Check engine breather system.
20. Check vacuum pipes.
21. Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
22. Check throttle body. Clean if required.
23. Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
24. Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
25. Replace air filter.*
26. Replace spark plugs.*
27. Replace fuel filter.*
28. Replace pollen filter.*
29. Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
30. Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
31. Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
32. Check and top up axle and transfer box oil levels.*
33. Check and top up gearbox oil level.
34. Check all steering and suspension joints, mountings and gaiters.
35. Carry out tyre report.
36. Check all wheel bearings for excessive ‘play’ and noise (adjust).
37. Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
38. Check clutch cable/cylinder.*
39. Grease all greasing points.*
40. Check operation and condition of front brakes.
41. Check operation and condition of rear brakes (inc. handbrake).
42. Carry out brake report.
43. Refill engine with specified grade oil………………….w………………..
44. Torque wheel nuts/studs.
Locking wheel nut key location……………………………………………..
45. Carry out diagnostic check.†*
46. Reset service interval indicator.*
47. Road test vehicle and report any findings.
48. Re-check engine oil level.
49. Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel, etc. are clean.
50. Stamp service book(s).
†additional charges may be applicable